Monday, August 20, 2012

August 17, 2012 - new piano teacher

Well, I'm just going to jump ahead now, going from April 9 to August.  We went to Yokota Air Base on the 19th; the kids are writing something about it and they (well, at least Greer) will want to see it in the blog.  I'll worry about filling in the gap later, but I can at least try to keep up from this point forward.


One of the things we stopped when we moved was piano lessons.  The kids had enough to do with adjusting to their new home and school (and country), so we decided to wait to start lessons back up.

Now, with the end of the summer approaching, it's time to start making some arrangements.  I had gotten the email address of a potential piano teacher from one of my friends.  The teacher's name is Eiko; she is Japanese, but she speaks excellent English and has a lot of expat students.  Eiko and I exchanged a few emails while I was in the States, and we scheduled this past Friday as a day for her to come and meet us and give the kids a trial lesson.

Eiko was very friendly, and she liked Lucy (Lucy seems like a pretty big dog to most Japanese people).  She had a good rapport with the kids, and they each enjoyed the lesson.  But here's the clincher:  she brought donuts!  Seriously, what's not to like about a teacher that brings you donuts?

Lesson two is next Friday!

1 comment:

  1. That's terrific news! I hope I can hear the early results in October!

    Grandpa Bob

    ReplyDelete