Saturday, March 10, 2012

Feb. 14, 2012 - Valentine's Day

I thought I was going to be the hero.   Last night we realized Cooper needed to do valentines for his class.   They do celebrate Valentine's Day here in Japan.  However, I can't exactly run out to Target to pick up some valentines for him to pass out.  If they even sell those little cards we buy in the States, I would have no idea where to go here.  So he was going to have to make them, and he is NOT my crafty child.   I remembered I had a box with a bunch of valentine stuff, including the remnants of several boxes of valentines from past years.   AND, I was able to find said box.  Look, Cooper, you can use whatever's in here!   You don't have to make them!   I had some that, of course, he woudn't like, but I had plenty that would work for a 9-year-old boy, including several sports cards.  Well, after much complaining about the selection, he finally decided to make them himself.  So glad I carted that box to Tokyo.

Drew spent this week in the States, leaving at noon on Sunday the 11th and returning for dinner the following Sunday.  Didn't remember about Valenine's Day.  It's lucky for him I don't care, but it IS good for a little teasing.  Luckily, I got a card from Drew's parents and candy from my parents.  Somebody loves me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment