Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 3, 2012 - middle school ski trip

The middle school Booster Club organized ski trips for three Saturdays in February and March.  Greer, Cooper, and Drew signed up for today's trip.  The charter bus picked them up at our Saturday bus stop at 5:20am and dropped them off back at the same stop at about 8:30pm.  I thought that I would have all three of them write about the day.  However, Drew's still pretty busy at work (in fact, he's in Singapore right now), so it'll just be Greer and Cooper.

First, Greer:
So basically my day started out very early in the morning, we are talking like 4:30 in the morning here. And most of you know I am not an early riser so I mostly spent the first hour of my day grumbling about the unearthly hour of the day. I was expecting a very crowded bus (basu) with like no space but I was surprised when I found out I would have a whole seat to myself and we could watch movies! So I sat, read my Kindle, and occasionally played on my phone. It was kind of boring, I have to admit, but then we stopped along the way and got some snax. They were good, Pure, which is a gummy with sour sugar on it, and also cheese on small pieces of bread. After awhile we finally arrived at the ski mountains (and snowboarding) and we headed inside to get fitted for boots and skis. We went and got ready and then we finally headed outside. Believe me when I say this, I didn't go on any blues! First of all, it felt like I had never gone skiing before so ya' know I didn't feel like testing out the Japanese definition of blues and blacks so we stuck to the greens (ski talk for those of you who know it). We cut across the mountain and thought about where to go next so we could get the maximum amount of skiing in. After we had skied and gotten the hang of it again, my Dad decided to test Cooper and me; he would let us get a few minutes head start and see if he could catch us. He couldn't. Cooper and I basically bombed it (don't tell my Dad) because we didn't want him to catch us! It was actually fun just going straight down through the winding paths and trees and not stopping or turning. Well, to tell you the truth it was frightening because of the snowboarders! (No offense) but they liked to cut right in front of us! Even when we weren't racing! We would be off to the side and suddenly we got sprayed with snow. Although some did stop up ahead and sit down and I was thinking about putting snow in their face, but I was too nice! No, really, I am not joking, I seriously thought about it!:) Now I owe an apology to all the snowboarders in the world who wouldn't do that, but come on! Ok, so we packed up, ate, and went home, and that was pretty much it except for that I was sore and I slept like a rock that night! Anyways, I might have missed using any Japanese in there so here are a few words:
1. Snow - yuki

2.
This is the katikana for snowboard (see, I did make it up to the snowboarders in the end!:)) This is the way you say it: su-no-bo-de-i-n-gu

3.Mountain - Yama

Ok, I hope you enjoyed my part in the blog!:)  I promise I will write more soon!


Now, Cooper:
(Trust me when I say it's very different getting Cooper's contribution.  He started out with "It was fun," and that almost ended up being the whole contribution.)
It was fun.   We started on greens and we stayed on greens.   My favorite one was the very last one we did.   Once, I thought we had decided we were going to go on the quick two-person lift, but Dad thought I said that I didn't want to go on the two-person lift so he kept going to the next one, and I couldn't find him.   So I called him and he told me where he was.  I just read Greer's part, and I agree that the snowboarders are big #@$$%#$!  I am sorry to all the snowboarders out there who are not like that, for ex. my Aunt Julie.  One of them snowboarded right in front of my face!  If I hadn't stopped so quickly, I would've run into him.  And stopping so quickly made me fall over!  He was an idiot!  Besides that, the trip was pretty good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment