Monday, March 26, 2012

March 11, 2012 - Haircut and Harajuku

Today we took Cooper to a little barbershop in our neighborhood.  It was actually his idea (sort of); he was afraid it might be getting a little mullet-like in the back.  He was the first of us to get his hair cut here since Drew got his cut on his trip to the States in February and Greer and I have just been letting ours grow.

I was able to tell the barber "sukoshi" (a little bit), but that was about it.   Needless to say, he took off more than Cooper wanted, as well as thinned out the sides some, which seems to be an Asian style.
Pretty sure that Cooper is not happy with me.
Oh, the shame.
I told him he could make his hair stick straight up now.
That seemed to cheer him up a little.
The possible model for Cooper's haircut?























Seriously, it's better than this, isn't it?
(in case you've forgotten how long his hair was)

Here's Cooper on his haircut:
I did not like it at all.  Mom said "sukoshi" which means "a little", but apparently this guy's version of "sukoshi" was 5-10 inches off EVERYWHERE, which I was really annoyed at.  I do not like how short it is.  It is not in my eyes anymore.  My mom and dad said, "If he is cutting it too short, say our name and we'll come over and tell him to stop."  Well, they lied.  I called their name more than once, and they kept giving me a thumbs up, which really ticked me off. 

Cooper claims he's not getting another haircut until the summer.  I told him it was an incentive to talk to his Japanese teacher and learn some more barbering terms.

Later that afternoon, we took the kids to Harajuku.  Harajuku, just a few stops away on the train, is a good area for people watching.  You can see some interesting get-ups there, especially on a Sunday afternoon.  But that wasn't really our purpose in going.  We were going to the Oshman's for some swimming equipment.  Then we headed to the 100 Yen store (like our dollar store) where we told the kids they could each have 500 yen to spend.  This 100 Yen store is the best we've been in, and the kids had no problem finding items on which to spend their money.  Cooper's favorite purchase?  His inflatable Instant Boobs.  He was sure that we should come back later and buy several of these to bring back for his friends in the States.

 


Japanese word of the day:  sukoshi means "little bit"

No comments:

Post a Comment