Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jan. 15, 2012 - Noodle soup and capture the flag

Today we got together with our friends the Webbs.  Cooper and Isaac, their third grader, are pretty friendly; Greer and Beth, their seventh grader, like to hang out, and Ellie, their fifth grader, goes between the two groups.  We met them at a train station in their neighborhood, and then we walked to their favorite noodle shop.  Once again, I was the slowest one with my chopsticks.  I'm not sure if I'm done eating because I'm full or if I'm done because I'm just tired.

Greer and Cooper are going to tell you about the day. 
First, Cooper:
We really enjoyed capture the flag.  The boys won, of course.  Ellie started freaking out when she didn't know that her teammates had been captured by us.  It was really fun and cold, but I just wore a t-shirt.  My t-shirt said "BOB: The Man, The Myth, The Legend."  Bob is an intergalactic space driver who shot Lightning McQueen with an AK-47.  He got put in space jail.  He exploded space jail and escaped.  Now he's roaming space as an intergalactic space criminal.  Bob is very violent.  Oh, and the noodle soup was good.

Now, Greer:
Okay, so after the subway, we met the Webbs at the exit. Beth and I looked in the various windows and stores as we weaved our way along the streets to reach the soup restaurant. When we got there, I got the soup that Beth, Isaac, and Ellie have always gotten. It is a soup that has soba noodles with a beef broth, I think, and a radish noodley-type thing that is really good. It is a white oval with a bright pink swirl in the middle. After our lunch, we headed to the park to play capture the flag. It is a huge park perfect for playing capture the flag because you have so many good hiding spots and lookout spots. We played for a while, the girls always venturing into the boys' territory because the boys were always Chickens. Ellie was guard towards the end, and no one likes guard duty. Beth and I got caught, and Ellie did not know. She got mad and after 10 minutes she walked away from our flag and quit the game without knowing that we were captured. That is the one thing bad about all the bushes - you can't see if one of your teammates gets captured!:(   Once she left, Isaac stole our flag while we helplessly watched our team lose. Cooper (as our guard) liked to hurt us by stepping on our feet and hitting us. I know -  very fun, not! After that, we headed to the Webb's house and Beth and I took some cool pictures of my eye! Check it out!


I know, I have a pretty eye.
Well, bye for now and here is our word of the day:

Greer wanted the word of the day to be the word for soup.  There are actually several different words for soup, depending on the kind of soup.  But there is one that is a kind of generic word for soup.
Japanese word of the day:  shirumono  (click to hear pronunciation) means "soup"

No comments:

Post a Comment