Monday, January 23, 2012

Jan. 23, 2012 - Our ocean shipment is here and my husband isn't

I have all the blog entries started for the last few days, but I haven't finished them yet, and it looks like it will be a few more days before I get the chance.  We got word last week that our ocean shipment had arrived and it was expected to clear Customs this morning.  The moving people planned to be here at 1:00 to start unloading and unpacking.

They were and they did.

Now there is stuff all over the house.  However, there's one truckload still to come from the warehouse, and that appears to be where half of our bedding and all of our towels are.  Also, some stuff that was supposed to be in storage in the U.S. is here in Tokyo.  Of course, only a small fraction of that is stuff that we actually told them to put in storage.  The bulk of it is just stuff that NOW we wished we had put in storage.

The "best" part of the situation is that Drew was not able to be at the apartment today, nor will he be able to be here tomorrow or Wednesday.  He can legitimately take the time off for moving; however, it just so happens that this week there are meetings he HAS to attend.  If the ocean shipment came next week, he would be able to be at home.  But if we delayed accepting it a week so that he could be here, then having them pack up the house the last week of school (instead of the following week, which would have been easier) will have been wasted.

So I'm here by myself.  Unless I'm really "lucky," and school is canceled tomorrow because of the snow that's currently falling.  Then I will have Greer and Cooper at home with me.  I'm sure they will be helpful?  (Not, if you were wondering.)

For tonight, Cooper is sleeping in Greer's closet:

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like when I moved to Michigan. I had a 2 1/2 yr old and a 4 year old. The moving van arrived, it was 14 degrees outside, and Den was a work all day. No friends to play with the kids, so I got to do that, check in the numbers on the boxes as they arrived, direct the movers to the correct rooms...I feel your pain!!

    ReplyDelete